Leading SaaS technology company for activity and attraction “destination experiences” sector racks-up significant year-over-year achievements
Boulder, CO (January 31, 2020) – Redeam, the leading and only agnostic global connectivity stack for the tour and activities sector providing universal connectivity, digitized channel management, and voucher redemption/reconciliation services for and between operators and resellers, today released its 2019 look-back list of significant company gains and achievements. Anticipating the needs of the mostly analog industry it supports, the nearly five-year-old company has substantially enhanced its business model, innovative digital product offerings, and workforce over the past 16 months since onboarding its new CEO, evolving from being a single device-centric provider to a sophisticated automated SaaS-based solutions one. The result has been the closing of deals with some of the biggest brands in the industry such as Disney, Google, Groupon, Big Bus, and Hornblower.
Redeam attributes its trajectory of success to the ongoing industry demand for seamless and automated connectivity and ticket validation and the need for operators to reduce labor-intensive, repetitive paper processing and reconciliation requirements that would otherwise be associated with the corresponding growth of their new sales and distribution channels.
Among the achievements Redeam met in 2019 are:
- A 45% increase in signed operator contracts;
- A 600% increase in ticketing and reservation system partnership contracts signed;
- A 25% increase in distribution partnerships;
- Processed nearly 10.5 million sub-second transactions from across 124 countries and valued at $80M (at 200ms, Redeam’s system transaction time exceeds the average);
- Validated over 2.45 million tickets and vouchers;
- Introduced two new versioning upgrades to existing software;
- Received an “Excellent” rating in Connectivity from Expedia Connectivity Partners Guide;
- Expanded its operational footprint to 13 worldwide locations;
- Increased its workforce by 88% and added five new key executives; Redeam’s talent pool brings to bear a combined 75+ years of travel industry experience;
- CEO Melanie Meador quoted in the Wall Street Journal CIO Journal for her unique hiring practices and Redeam’s rare workforce diversity as an early-stage technology company (57% over the age of 34 and 30% female);
- Celebrated the company’s ninth industry award or recognition;
- Launched two new distinct enewsletters and published 16 unique thought leadership articles and one industry primer;
- Successfully migrated its website to accommodate product and information expansions.
“In 2019, Redeam maintained its objective to be one of the transformative technologies for the tours, activities and attractions industry,” said CEO Meador. “In one short year, our industry has gone through some massive changes. It’s our mission to continue to serve all the players in our sector with innovative and technical solutions that advance the distribution landscape and improve the customer experience. Based on what we’re seeing and developing to meet this fast-moving market space, I believe that 2020 will be a seminal year for Redeam.”
CEO Meador has demonstrated her commitment to advancing Redeam and the travel industry through her own travels. As such, Redeam has also assembled “Melanie’s Travel Fun Facts” for 2019:
- Miles and airlines flown: 250,000 miles flown across 6 airlines
- Nights in hotels: over 200
- Countries visited: 12
- Conferences attended: 15
- External meetings held: more than 700
- Unique types of tours, activities, attractions visited: 62
- Public Speaking engagements: 5
To learn more about how tour, attraction, and activity operators rely on Redeam to easily automate their businesses so that they can sell more tickets around the world, visit the Redeam website.
# # #
Redeam is a Boulder, CO-based global technology company that empowers the growth of tours, attractions, and activities so that more people can enjoy the world. By utilizing Redeam’s technology, operators can grow both revenue and their number of sales channels through advanced features like Redeam’s channel and yield management. Redeam also enables gate-ready scannable ticketing so operators can easily process mobile or paper vouchers and eliminate the costly, antiquated, time-consuming, and all-too-common practice of manually accepting, sorting and counting physical tickets — a practice that leads to lost revenue due to fraud, long lines, and negative online reviews. For its innovative solutions, Redeam has garnered over nine accolades and awards including PhocusWire’s Top 20 Start Ups to Watch for 2019 and the 2018 Future Travel Experience Startup Competition Winner. The company works with hundreds of resellers and partners such as Google, Groupon, and Expedia, and serves thousands of attraction and activity operators globally like Walt Disney World, BigBus Tours, Boston Harbor Cruises, and the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum.